I’m happy to announce that we will be reopening Arthur’s from the 5th of August as a restaurant! We have of course made slight changes to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
I’m excited to also announce that we will be opening for breakfast and lunch, Wednesday to Saturday! You can find the menus below and rest assured, we’ll have plenty of seasonal daily specials on the chalkboard too!
There will of course be a few changes to the way we do things and we will obviously make sure we update our working systems and procedures to follow any further guidance issued or altered. Upon our reopening we will have the following procedures in place:
- Hand sanitiser will be placed on every table in use and we will be encouraging diners to use it upon being seated, before leaving the table to use the facilities and after being reseated.
- We will be operating at a reduced maximum occupancy by removing half the amount of our covers.
- The staff (who already wash their hands EXTREMELY often) will be washing their hands even more frequently than before. If staff are feeling unwell at all we will be making sure they do not come into work.
- We will be asking guests to keep their used disposable napkins and dispose of them after leaving the restaurant rather than the staff handling them.
- For any payments being made during the day time services (breakfast or lunch) we will be encouraging contactless/cashless payments.
- Our menus will become single use, with a small booklet included explaining the dishes of the tasting menu in detail to avoid extended periods of time staff are at a table.
- For our evening service we will no longer be accepting walk ins and will be taking a deposit of £10 at the time of booking . Cancellations made with more than 24 hours notice will be fully refunded, any cancellations made within 24 hours of the booking will be refunded fully only if we are able to refill the table. Any no shows will not be refunded and will be blacklisted from being able to book in the future.
The biggest change will be that during our evening service we will no longer be accepting walk ins and will be taking deposits at the time of booking and will be offering just the tasting menu in the evening for the time being. Deposits will be taken over the phone after a booking has been made. Please note that we may not call immediately to take a deposit or confirm your booking.
We won’t be taking bookings, deposits or pre payment for our breakfast or lunch services, that will just be a walk in only service with take out options!
We hope everyone understands the reasons behind these changes. We’ve always worried that prepayment and deposits may put some people off, and the last thing we want to do is give the impression that we see all our bookings to be antagonistic from the outset, but the grim reality is that no shows absolutely cripple a small business like ours.
We cant wait to welcome you all back.
We’ve missed you.